The HealthQuest Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Disease Management Program has been designed to improve member health and support the continuous education of members and the providers who care for them. The HealthPlus COPD Disease Management program is fully integrated to include: disease management, utilization management, case management, behavioral health, and health and lifestyle activities. The HealthPlus programs incorporate interventions necessary to optimize patient care and are based upon up-to-date, evidence-based, clinical practice guidelines that were developed and reviewed by physicians.
The objectives of the COPD Disease Management Program are to:
- Prevent or lessen the severity of COPD exacerbations.
- Reduce risk of member acute exacerbations and death.
- Educate and empower members toward self-management of COPD and co-morbidities.
- Encourage adherence to and compliance with medication regime for disease state.
- Foster member adherence to treatment plan, avoidance of exposure, and education which includes standards of care.
- Improve members’ quality of life through lifestyle management support and goal setting.
- Educate and support physicians through evidence-based medicine.
COPD Disease Management Program information and decision support activities include:
- Condition monitoring
- Adherence to treatment plans
- Management of co-morbid conditions
- Lifestyle issues
- Community resource support
The HealthPlus HealthQuest COPD Disease Management Program is available to eligible members in Commercial HMO/POS, PPO (Fully-Insured and Self-Funded), and Medicare Advantage product lines.
Collaboration and Resources:
The HealthQuest Disease Management Program incorporates interventions necessary to optimize patient care. They are based on up-to-date, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines developed and reviewed by physicians.
The COPD Disease Management Program has been structured to support the collaboration between HealthPlus and the Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium (MQIC) and publications sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization.
For more information about the HealthPlus HealthQuest Disease Management Program, contact a HealthPlus Disease Management Coordinator at (800) 345-9956, ext. 8050, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.