The HealthQuest Cardiovascular Conditions (CVC) Disease Management Program has been designed to improve member health and support the continuous education of members and the providers who care for them. The HealthPlus CVC Disease Management program is fully integrated to include: disease management, utilization management, case management, behavioral health, and health and lifestyle activities. The HealthPlus programs incorporate interventions necessary to optimize patient care and are based upon up-to-date, evidence-based, clinical practice guidelines that were developed and reviewed by physicians.
Objectives of the CVC Disease Management Program
- Prevent infarction (heart attack) and re-infarction
- Prevent repeat cardiac interventions (angioplasty)
- Prevent development of heart failure after acute infarction
- Reduce risk of member CVC exacerbations and death
- Educate and empower members toward self-management of CVC, risk factor modification, and co-morbidities.
- Improve/increase compliance and adherence with prescription-based medications for patients with CVC.
- Improve members’ quality of life through lifestyle management support, change in health behaviors by using motivational interviewing and goal setting.
- Support members who have psychosocial issues and implement screening for depression when appropriate.
- Encourage members to communicate with their health care provider about chronic condition(s) and treatment regimens.
- Encourage and educate members about resources external to HealthPlus, as appropriate.
- Educate and support physicians through evidence-based medicine.
Information and Decision Support Activities
- Condition monitoring (self-monitoring and medical testing)
- Foster member adherence to treatment plan and member education which includes standards of care, medication adherence, and sick day plans.
- Management of co-morbid conditions
- Lifestyle issues (e.g., goal setting techniques, problem-solving, etc.)
- Community resource support
The HealthQuest CVC Disease Management Program is available to eligible members in Commercial HMO/POS, PPO (Fully-Insured and Self-Funded), and Medicare Advantage product lines.
Collaboration and Resources
The CVC Disease Management Program has been structured to support the collaboration between HealthPlus and the Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium (MQIC) and is based upon American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
For more information about the HealthQuest CVC Disease Management Program, contact a HealthPlus Disease Management Coordinator at (800) 345-9956, ext. 8050, or by e-mail at email@example.com.