Designed to help your patients find a way that is best for them to quit smoking and stay smoke free. HealthPlus offers members a variety of resources and services free-of-charge when they are ready to quit.
The program has many options to choose from, including:
- A Kit to Help You Quit
- A free self-directed kit that deals with the behaviors associated with quitting. Support materials included guide your patients through the quitting process. Members can request a kit by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Community Classes
- Phone Counseling
- Free phone counseling in which trained health coaches will work your patients over the phone to identify a personalized cessation method that focuses on behavior and lifestyle issues.
- Once your patient signs up for phone counseling, he will also receive a quit kit in the mail and have the option to receive e-mails and/or participate in a web-based support program.
- To enroll, your patient may call the HealthPlus Health Coaching Program at 1-866-280-8493.
- Prescription Benefits
- Call HealthPlus Customer Service at 1-800-332-9161 for more information about what is covered with your plan.
- The State of Michigan offers tobacco cessation support for all Michigan residents for free. Participants will get telephone support and a free kit to help them quit.
- Call 1-800-480-QUIT (7848) for more information.
Quit Smoking information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention American Lung Association’s Freedom from Smoking Program TIPS 4 Youth Tobacco Prevention from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Pathways to Freedom for African Americans (pdf file)