HealthQuest Tobacco Cessation Program:
Designed to help you find a way that is best for you to quit smoking and stay smoke free. HealthPlus offers members a variety of resources and services free-of-charge when you are ready to quit.
The program has many options to choose from, including:
- A Kit to Help You Quit
- A free self-directed kit that deals with the behaviors associated with quitting. Support materials included guide you through the quitting process.
- Community Classes
- A listing of classes taught in the community. HealthPlus will reimburse at the completion of the course with an original receipt and a completed Smoking Cessation Reimbursement Form.
- Phone Counseling
- Free phone counseling in which trained health coaches will work you over the phone to identify a personalized cessation method that focuses on behavior and lifestyle issues.
- Once you sign up for phone counseling, you will also receive a quit kit in the mail and have the option to receive e-mails and/or participate in a web-based support program.
- Prescription Benefits
- Call HealthPlus at 1-800-345-9956, extension 1943, select option 2 for more information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you think telephone counseling is right for you, join the telephone-counseling program now! Call 1-800-345-9956, ext. 1943, option 2 or Click Here to enroll online. You will get a free kit to help you quit and telephone support.
- The State of Michigan offers tobacco cessation support for all Michigan residents for free. You will get telephone support and a free kit to help you quit.
- Call 1-800-480-QUIT (7848) for more information.
Quit Smoking information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention American Lung Association’s Freedom from Smoking Program TIPS 4 Youth Tobacco Prevention from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Pathways to Freedom for African Americans (pdf file) Guía para Dejar de Fumar (2002) for Spanish-speaking smokers (PDF File)