HealthPlus of Michigan is a health and wellness organization providing customized, nationally recognized health plans that meet the needs of large and small employers, and families and individuals, through a variety of programs including Medicare Advantage and Medicaid. HealthPlus is proudly headquartered in Flint, Mich., and was formed in 1979 as a not-for-profit organization. Today it:
- Manages healthcare coverage and wellness programs for members residing in Michigan and for members of Michigan-based companies living outside the state
- Offers a statewide network of 24,000 physicians
- Delivers access to 1.6 million providers nationally
- Covers emergency care globally
- Provides access to centers of excellence, including the Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic
The National Committee for Quality Assurance has ranked HealthPlus’ commercial HMOs among the nation’s top health plans for the past seven years*; its commercial, Medicaid and Medicare HMO plans are accredited as “Excellent” by NCQA. HealthPlus is headquartered in Flint, Mich., with regional offices in Saginaw and Troy, Mich.
*According to America’s Best Health Insurance Plans (2005-2009), NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2010-2011 –Private, and NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2011-2012 –Private.